Observe: We initially introduced this content material on 1 February, however as a result of adjustments within the Grand Prix space, have restarted the competitors. In the event you voted yesterday and nonetheless want to take part, please fill out the brand new kind.
Welcome to Chess.com 2022 Grand Prix Fantasy Competitors! By filling out this kind you should have the chance to earn a share of the entire prize cash of $3,000. The 2022 FIDE Grand Prix is a three-tournament occasion that can decide the ultimate two contributors within the 2022 Candidates Event. It’s ranging from third February 2022.
Watch the 2022 FIDE Grand Prix
We have designed this competitors in a approach the place each spherical counts, not simply how the gamers find yourself on the finish of April; And the scale of its area of 24 was good for a degree competitors.
You’ll be able to learn all the main points of the format, scoring and awards beneath, or click on right here to go on to the submission kind.
Grandmasters within the Grand Prix are divided into 5 ranges by their FIDE score as of December 2021 (which was utilized by FIDE to assist decide the sector). You’ll select a participant for a crew of 5 in every degree.
Extra details about the Grand Prix and its scoring system might be discovered at this hyperlink.
Winners will probably be introduced for each every particular person occasion and the general Grand Prix.
Scoring and Tiebreaks
There are 3 ways to earn factors. Every participant in your crew scores factors equally, no matter their degree.
- Grand Prix factors earned within the total occasion are equal to the identical factors within the competitors (13 factors for the leg-winner, 10 for the runner-up, and so forth; see the information for a full listing).
- Group stage standing factors additionally equal factors in competitors (for instance, a participant scoring 3.5/6 in group stage earns you 3.5 factors in competitors). No tiebreak sport issues within the group stage
- A win within the classical a part of the knockout stage, with out utilizing a fast or blitz tiebreak, is value 1 level in every spherical.
On the finish of the shape you may be prompted to reply a tiebreaker query, the reply to which will probably be used as the primary tiebreak within the total Grand Prix. The query is to foretell two candidates.
The primary tiebreaker in every leg is the one with the fewest energetic gamers on that leg. Your solely three gamers being energetic is best than having 4, which is best than having all 5.
The remaining tiebreaks for each a person leg and your complete occasion are:
- Variety of particular person leg winners chosen (which will probably be 1 or 0 total)
- Most Factors Scored in Knockouts (Grand Prix Factors and Traditional Bonus)
- Tier 5 to Tier 2. Factors scored by tier, beginning until
- As quickly as doable submission.
Half the prize pool is awarded for every particular person leg, and the opposite half for the general Grand Prix.
General Grand Prix
|4-5||12 Months of Diamond Membership|
|6||6 month previous diamond|
|Seventh-Eighth||3 month previous diamond|
|ninth, Tenth||1 month previous diamond|
Every particular person foot (1st leg, 2nd leg and third leg)
|gross||$500 per foot|
|4-Tenth||1 Month Diamond Membership|
Registration will probably be open till the beginning of the sport in one other first stage spherical of the match, which can happen someday on February 5. Nevertheless, if you happen to deposit it after the beginning, you don’t get the factors scored by the gamers within the first spherical.