There was a time when sufferers didn’t have easy accessibility to their private well being info. However occasions have modified for the higher. Discover out a number of explanation why you would possibly wish to obtain the Epic My Chart app after HHS launched its new hospital info system in June.
Bear in mind the character Elaine from the hit TV present Seinfeld?
There’s an episode within the mid-Nineties the place Elaine needs to see her medical document as a result of she feels it marks her as “a tough affected person”. When her physician refuses to share the file, she resorts to stealing it, solely to be caught and confiscated. Ultimately, she by no means will get entry to her medical data. Speaking about right this moment’s period, the situation for sufferers is kind of completely different.
then and Now
In June, Hamilton Well being Sciences is launching a brand new hospital info system known as Epic. It’s utterly digital, with full affected person data accessible at one central location. Via the Epic MyChart app, sufferers could have entry to their medical info – together with check outcomes, lab outcomes and extra.
Epic replaces the present well being info system, which consists of a number of digital and paper-based techniques containing varied elements of affected person data. It may be tough for hospital workers, medical doctors and different well being care suppliers to drag collectively full affected person data with the present system.
Utilizing the Epic My Chart app, sufferers will have the ability to learn a discharge abstract and session notes in addition to an after-visit abstract doc detailing medicine modifications, orders positioned throughout their hospital go to, and any info offered throughout their go to. Notes down instruction or instruction.
Sufferers can share data with their medical doctors and caregivers, enter their well being info inside a safe private well being document location, entry well being schooling supplies and talk securely with well being care suppliers Huh.
Different options embrace digital visits through video conferencing and the flexibility to add images of, for instance, a rash or wound to assist assess and monitor care.
Extra causes you will wish to use the Epic My Charts app:
- eCheck-in: This enables sufferers to replace info equivalent to deal with or contact info, drugs, allergic reactions, well being protection, and full questionnaires previous to their HHS appointment. It goals to cut back the time taken for registering a affected person.
- Video go to: Scheduled video visits with medical doctors, nurses and different well being care professionals already occur at HHS – MyChart will make it even simpler, with all the knowledge and entry in a single place, no different on-line instruments wanted.
- Notes and Outcomes: Sufferers can view check outcomes and medical notes from their well being care group. View your drugs, check outcomes, lab outcomes and medical notes. Assessments and laboratory outcomes embrace CT scans, MRIs, X-rays, ultrasounds, echocardiograms, pathology outcomes and laboratory outcomes equivalent to blood work and COVID exams.
- Questionnaire: Sufferers can full the questionnaire inside MyChart. These questionnaires might be linked to eCheck-in for sure visits, or despatched to sufferers in care group messages.
- Affected person-recorded flowsheet: With these types, sufferers can enter medical knowledge equivalent to blood strain or blood sugar. The information might be trended over time and included into their charts. Irregular readings might also set off a message to the well being care supplier for follow-up with the affected person.
- Billing Abstract & Particulars: Sufferers pays the dues by way of MyChart, and look at the main points of beforehand paid payments.
Additionally accessible to sufferers in sure clinics:
- Direct Dedication: This enables some clinic sufferers to schedule appointments with a well being care supplier with whom they have already got a relationship.
- Appointment Request: Some clinics could ship appointment request messages to affected person well being care suppliers with whom they have already got a relationship. They’ll state why they need the appointment and their most popular availability.
- Direct Messaging: This lets some clinic sufferers ship messages to their well being care suppliers about their medical care or check outcomes. Sufferers should have a pre-existing relationship with the individual to whom they’re messaging as a way to talk this manner. Sufferers may even have the ability to message about points that aren’t immediately associated to their medical problem equivalent to billing questions, compliments, complaints and net points.